Thursday, May 17, 2012

My week. whew.

This week has been good and hectic.
Sunday, Yisrael's parents and aunt/uncle left to go home and we stayed another night with Rachel and Kelly.  They took up to see the Avengers which was great fun.  I did find the movie to be a bit long and boring in some places, but I really do not get into those movies anyway.  (I want to see "What to expect, when you're expecting! But it was not out yet at that point.)
Duck Lips. Crazy Kids.
We got home, to Troy, on Monday night after stopping at the galleria to get Yisrael legos! haha. Such a fun guy, he is!

Tuesday was the first day of my new job as a nurse extern at a hospital in Montgomery. I am really excited about this opportunity and so honored to have been chosen!  Basically, I will be following a nurse and helping out as needed (or PRN in the nursing world :) We have two weeks of training.  It is very laid back with long breaks, lunch breaks, and random days off. Odd. But hey, I am not complaining, I am getting paid! I think it will be a great opportunity and I get to wear real scrubs! I have orientation Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday of this week.
The girls I ride with: Brooke, Brittany, and Kasey! I love them!


Tuesday,  my baby brother turned 15! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBY! He sent me this Tuesday afternoon:

He passed the test the first time! He is growing up so much.  We went out to their house Tuesday night for a birthday party with all my family.  My family is crazy, loud, always laughing so it's always fun!  We gave him a credit card monopoly game. I can't wait to play with him soon!                     
My little niece Lilly came and of course I had to get my baby fill for the night!  She is learning to stand up, so we were practicing.  And apparently I like to make funny faces :) She is turning one in June and I am helping my sister plan the watermelon themed party! So excited!  I found a banner for one dollar today at shindigz.org today so I ordered. http://www.themomcreative.com/her and Bo both one. It was a one day sale that I saw today on The Mom Creative site. http://www.themomcreative.com/





Wednesday, I worked (we went over VERY basic nursing/tech skills - bathing, bed changing, positioning, Vital signs, etc.) I came home with a plan of cleaning, but ended up helping Yis with the car until 12. I actually helped and we got it put back together only to find the manifold was leaking a bunch of smoke, so he will have to take it apart again.  what fun...










Today I did not have to work. We slept super late and I got some cleaning done.  We were supposed to go to band practice for Yisrael tonight in Enterprise, but as we went to get in the car I noticed we had a flat.  With one car down, this put us out of commission for good.  The person that owned my car before me lowered it and put on fancy rims and tires.  This makes for great difficulties. We got the spare on (Yisrael, really) So along this adventure we learned that my suspension was messed up, my wheels have too much negative camber, both my back tires need replacing, and one of my rims probably does too.  When it rains, it pours at the Grimes house! But I did get the grocery shopping done and my laundry room clean today!
Tomorrow I start eating as organic and healthy as possible again.  I took a break from this during the last month of school to help with the stress.  I am excited about it, but I need all of you to keep me accountable!  My breakfast will be a green monster smoothie.  You can read about those here: http://greenmonstermovement.com/  They are actually really good and filling! I put frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, milk, spinach, wheat germ, and ice in mine.

Well to bed now I go, work in the morning (learning the computer system and how to document). I have a crochet post for tomorrow!

Until Then, pray that it rains on the Grimes no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment