Friday, August 3, 2012

First Day of the Great Adventure!


I am under blog reconstruction so ignore the mess! :) 

- FIy Day
 6:45p.m.
Today was great!

I worked night shift last night.  Randy (Yisrael’s dad) brought him to Montgomery to meet me.  We ate lunch at 5 Guys and then went to the airport.  I was a little worried because we were getting there at 12:30pm and our flight was leaving at 3.  We checked baggage and were also bringing along our gun for safety on the road trip home and so I wanted to have plenty of time.  But as it turns ut Montgomery had no troubles at all! They were super nice and they said we were the first they had seen come through with a gun…. Wow! You would think that for Alabama there would be a lot more!
Anyway, I digress, We  had to rearrange our luggage so that our checked luggage was less than 50lbs, but we didn’t have to leave anything behind – thankfully! I flight left a bit late, but was good.  It was just to a small transport plane from Montgomery to Charlotte, NC.  YISRAEL LOVED IT!!!! He was like a little kid looking out the window the whole time!  Haha I got a little nap (couldn’t resist his “fluffy shoulder” as Bobby used to say on long car trips!) We got off at Charlotte and only had to go one terminal over so we had time for dinner at a beer and BBQ place.  I had been craving BBQ so that was great! We then boarded our plane to Minneapolis, MN which we are on now! I started crocheting, but decided to take a little nap and now I’m working on my blog.  Unfortunately Yis and I couldn’t sit together on this flight, but I think he has made friends with one of his seat partners.  That is all for now, we are due to land at about 7:30pm eastern.  I will write more once we land and we are in our hotel!

11:00 pm

We finally got to the hotel around 11, after waiting for a bus from the hotel for about an hour.  We had no problem with getting our baggage or getting off the plane! We decided to definitely like sitting next to each other better, but it was still interesting to talk to new people. Yisrael sat next to a fellow designer and I sat beside a fellow nurse.  Small world!
The hotel is nice! The guy we are buying the car from offered to let us stay in his families hotel for free, AWESOME!
Tomorrow we buy a car!
Until the, explore!

Waiting on the first plane

Montgomery Airport

His excited face! LOL

Guiding the plane into Montgomery...the same lady that checked us in...we think they only have 3 employees! haha

Dinner in Charlotte airport

Plane seats :/

typing away

luggage pick up!

Luggage! - nothing got lost!
Mullet man in Montgomery airport!

Watching the airplanes!




















No comments:

Post a Comment