Saturday, July 28, 2012

Good Week!

I am doing a HAPPY dance right now.  (That reminds me of my sister-in-law, Rachel, - she literally does a happy dance for a full minute HILARIOUS!!!!) This is for many reasons....

See that little number, its says 330...earlier it said something like 280. (Update its now like 345ish!)
1. I have had like 60 views on my blog TODAY.  You should read my post about Racism. I challenge you!







2. I HAVE JUST ABOUT FINISHED MY CRAFT ROOM! We have lived in this house for 9 months and I have always dreamed about this room! Well this summer I knew it was going to become a reality.
It started as a storage room so I cleaned and threw away and organized and moved stuff to other rooms. 








I then just simply put my desk and a cot in here without painting the walls.
Then last week I was hit with inspiration from pinterest and just went for it!!! I sanded and painted the walls this color: Halcyon Green




















And then I set to decorating.  I decided that one side of my office would be for crafts and the other side office.  I am still in school so I needed a space to really study and focus without being surrounded by crafts.  And this is what I came up with:


This is the craft side.

This is the office side.  I still have to finish the desk, but I am getting there!



 Now for the individual pieces: (I am typing in the dark right now, that is difficult even with backlit keys! Just a little side note for you!)
This is the little dresser that I revamped.  It was a dirty old thing that I got for free at a yard sale. I used the pinterest Modge Podge recipe (Equal parts elmer's glue and water) and some cloth and scrap book paper I had and VOILA!
This is a old desk drawer that my MIL was throwing away so I modge podged it too!!
Love it!


 This is a loom that Yisrael got for me the same Christmas he proposed.  I have actually never used it, but I love it! I wanted to at least put it on display, so I hung some clothes pins to it for notes and then it can also function as a keepsake hanger.
my current project drawer!



My craft desk space - notice the Pinterest :)
My silhouette and yarn station! Notice my labeled drawers!
My extra ribbon wreath, thread (in this spice rack I found), and a cool canvas print
my relax place and storage boxes (LABELED AND EVERYTHING!!!)
My dad made this hook for me with his awesome black smithing skills and I am very fond of it!





Dish rack file organizer - Pinterest idea from my MIL!





Stuff to put on my bookshelf that is currently sitting at my mama's house!








My awesome door we found on the side of the road! 



Over all, I love my office so far!!

3. I found some awesome thrift store finds!

Bread machine - $3
Cool Bowl to Silhouettetify (new word, although my spell check doesn't change it!) - $2
4 glass plates to Silhouettetify (and again) - $2
French Press (WOOT!!) - $2
File Box - $1
Cute baby shirt - $1
Polka Dot 50s skirt - $4
YAY FOR THRIFT STORES!







4. I found some awesome stuff at my FAVORITE store ever - Dollar Tree!

















5. I made a pretty good recipe! Pinterest idea of course! and home made bread with my new bread maker! 
http://theshadyporch.blogspot.com/2011/11/chicken-dumpling-casserole.html
This is the recipe, I added broccoli and used pancake mix because we didn't have any Bisquick!

No comments:

Post a Comment